Wednesday, February 1, 2012

stripes + plaid

announcement: FEBRUARY IS HERE!

today I'm wearing a silver sparkly striped tee & a red plaid scarf. i feel just simply, fabulous.

i guess I've been alittle absent as of late; i don't know if its absent or just absent minded.

i don't know if you've seen this video yet, but it made me laugh out loud when i saw it. shes darling!

*disclaimer: i promise I'm not some weird YouTube junkie. i don't spend my time commenting on videos and getting into arguments with strangers. i notice that happens alot. I'm not that person.yet.

lately, i have had the good fortune of stumbling upon some pretty fantastic blogs. good fortune in the sense that i am constantly being inspired by women daring to do what they love. bad fortune in the sense that i want to spend all of the 15-17 hours i spent awake reading said blogs. since i know my mom is going to ask: here are some of the ones that I'm speaking about: The Southern Eclectic, Sequins and Stripes, Urban Grace, and Design Darling just to name a few.

i love February because its the month that celebrates two of my favorite things: my dad & love! i love love. i may not be very good at falling into it, but i love it none the less. {also, my birthday happens to fall in February as well. ill be happy to send you my address if you'd like to send gifts. the Lilly Pulitzer Lifeguard press line is out. just sayin' :) }

in addition to beginning the month of love, today is National Signing Day! apparently (i say apparently because I'm not going to sit here and act like i know enough to put my two cents in to football. every girl on facebook is, apparently, watching ESPN with the attention i usually give to people.com announcing a new scandal.) FSU is going to have a pretty AWESOME recruiting class, and I'm all for anything that makes football season alittle more enjoyable. there is nothing worse than living in a college town when the team loses. everyone acts like a bunch of crybabies. by everyone i mean, the boys i try to have conversations with at bars.

and finally, another reason February rules (other than my birthday. as mentioned above, Lilly Pulitzer's lifeguard press line is out. can be shipped to my house at any time) Matchbook's Anniversary Issue is out!!! it is BEYOND. the ladies (and contributing gentlemen) did a great job. i always enjoy it, but this issue is out. of. control.  because i don't want to copy anything without permission/I'm too computer illiterate to post it on here. see these pages for instant satisfaction: pages 16-17 "Beat Generation" pages 40-42 "Audrey Hepburn re imagined for a new age" but really, all were great. from Ryan Gosling (yummy yum yum), The Little Black Dress, 50 reads for a Matchbook girl. In the infamous words of Rachel Zoe (and overused by fashion junkies everywhere) I Die.

I'm trying out some new fonts. i don't think my mom can read my current one very well, even with her cute little Vera Bradley readers. {she hasn't admitted to it, i just have a hunch.}

xo
raa

No comments:

Post a Comment