Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sick Days & The Bag

whew! it seems like it has been a looong week. I'm ready for some relaxation this wknd! Between food poisoning, Talulah Grace getting sick, and lots going on at work...I'm ready to kick my feet up and not do anything.

talulah being sick in bed, and me being in sick in bed (and working)..i think she likes sick days alittle more than me...she knows it means mid day snacks & all day belly rubs!

Thursdays are tied with Mondays my favorite TV days, so I'm looking forward to heading home, cooking grouper (and looking on Pinterest for some hints...), doing laundry and dishes, and watching Person of Interest (do ya'll watch?! soo good!! and less trashy than my Monday night shows, aka: Real Housewives) and Big Bang Theory. i know, i know, i really live on the edge.

so, i finally took down my Christmas decorations. whoops. Its always a bit depressing, right? the house just seems like its missing something because, well, it is! a 7ft gleaming white tree, duh. here's a small picture of the tree, i don't think it really does it any justice, but again...no iphone.


but with Christmas decorations down, it means one thing: my birthday is coming!! which means one more thing: a few weeks of my mom and i buying things in the name of "well, just give it to me for my birthday"....which brings me to Saturday & the day i was reunited with my purse. We went to TJ Maxx Saturday to "see if they had re-stocked since Christmas" oh, boy have they ever...within 5 minutes of being in the store i found: my gold Michael Kors bag seen below. i stalked this bag for MONTHS. then one day, i went by the handbag section to Dillards, and it was gone. but THEN....TA-DA! Then i stumbled upon Kate Spade cake plate, a few Kate Spade bags, Waterford wine glasses, and the big honcho: a set of Wedgewood plates & salad plates. dear shopping gods, SHAME ON YOU. and to dad, if you read this, i DID NOT BUY ANY OF IT. I let some other deserving sale shopper have these massive deals and finds. i moved right along with only one purchase: the bag.



hello lover..

one last thing for the day, my friend Britain partnered with Great Oak Circle for a giveaway on her blog, SimplySouthernGirl. Great Oak Circle did B's current blog lay out, and its adorable! I highly recommend entering, it looks like Christine from GOC does FANTASTIC work! I know my blog could use some lovin'..... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I SO wish I could be there for your birthday this year:) I also, just emailed GOC about blog design! I've totally been looking for someone who would get my style; so thank you for the tip!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete