Friday, January 13, 2012

5 Friday Favorites

well, since everyone else is doing it...

1: Target's new home decor collection
this collection is whimsical and matches my furniture to perfection (pictures to come). i love it. thanks to Danielle Oakey Interiors for doing a post on it. When I had gone to the target website, (which I find rather difficult to navigate) i was unable to find exactly the items i was looking for...but thanks to Danielle, I was able to find them all in one place...perfection! I want to order the majority of them online, that way I can use my Ebates and get my 3% back (every little bit matters now that I have a car payment..!!)




all 4 images via

2. My New Car!!
yes, i {finally} broke down and purchased a new car. My poor baby 2001 land rover had finally bit the dust...and bad. everyone asks me what my favorite part of the new car is? I respond: cup holders! working heater! working breaks! only $54 to fill up! regular gas vs premium gas! *disclaimer to prospective dates/boyfriends: i am not as easy to please in every other area of my life. cars are, clearly, an exception.

image via
3. my new crock pot & new recipes
now i get to try all of the recipes that I'm always seeing on Pinterest. (shameless plug: check out my boards here: http://pinterest.com/rachelaamy/) so far I've tried the Hawaiian Chicken...too spicy! More recipes and reviews coming

4. Why I hate Religion but Love Jesus
I'm sure ya'll have already seen it, and I'm late to the party (would not be the first time), but I really enjoyed it & it really hit home.

5. My dad being home & well
A week ago, my dad had a heart attack, it was a big scare for my mom and I, but luckily, it was small relative to what it could've been given his, excuse me, shitty eating habits. although i kept myself together during those few days, seeing my dad on that hospital bed was, in short, terrifying. BUT! after a few days in the hospital, one "interesting" as the Cardiologist put it, surgery, and a lot of pain meds, dad is home and slowly getting back on his feet. I could not be more proud of my mom for how she handled everything, or more thankful for the doctors, nurses, and techs who helped my papa, and of course for my friends & family who never wavered in their love and support.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend....I'm looking forward to a weekend of pedicures, hopefully a FSU basketball WIN, champagne brunches, putting away Christmas decorations, and FINALLY reading The Hunger Games!
xo raa

1 comment:

  1. yayyy hunger games! what is an ebate? share this during our date this week, please. Target's website is THE SUCK. I may have to go check that stuff out though, although my pinks and florals have taken a severe hit since moving in with a man.

    ReplyDelete