Wednesday, January 2, 2013

hello 2013

I have high hopes for 2013, but really who doesn't? Its been a little over 36 hours, I hope everyone still has high hopes!

I still don't know how I feel about resolutions. I think I spend the majority of the year making resolutions to myself, and the smaller part of the year, doing said resolutions. This year, I'd like to flip it.      Work smarter, not harder--I am constantly saying this to my staff, but very rarely do I use this mantra in my personal life. Enter: 2013.


One | Be productive. Whether it is on my day off, or the time between getting home from work and bed, I am too comfortable just lounging.  I love to lounge. The problem is, lounging can sometimes lead to wasting away 4-8 hours. Just watching that time fade away is not how I want to spend 2013. I am urging myself to take on more projects, more walks, and more dates with friends. 



Two | Be active. This is the obligatory weight resolution. I need to get back at it! I think it ties into the resolution above, but just getting up and out of the house will be so good for both my physical and mental health. hello endorphins! 

Three | Be picky. Don't be afraid of what it will mean if I have less contacts in my phone. I want to spend 2013 with people I really love and care about. I want to finally bite the bullet and change my phone number. A phone number that I've had since I was 15. I don't want everyone to have it anymore, I want less people with more importance to surround myself with. {gosh! That sounds so grown. Here is to sticking with it!}

Four | Be accountable. Making and breaking commitments is something I've struggled with the better part of my adulthood life. I love the idea of a full calendar, but then immediately after, I get to feeling suffocated with plans. This year, I want to break the habit of getting overwhelmed by not having 6 hours to lay on the couch. I want to make commitments to myself, my community, and my family. By doing so, I think it will help me with the previous resolutions. 

so 2013, I commit these things to you, I will be productive, be active, be picky, and be accountable!

What are some resolutions ya'll are committing to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment