Friday, January 4, 2013

Be Productive

ok, so I committed to take on more home projects. Well, it is as if the universe smiled down and agreed. I am on vacation for SIX whole days starting this Sunday at 5pm.

Here is my list of projects I plan to accomplish:

one | Paint: The wall that runs between my dining room and living room is to be painted white and gold stripes. I first saw it again, on the Everygirl, (seriously, no wonder that website is ranked on forbes list!) and I have not been able to take my mind off of it! I plan to layout the stripes and get everything off of the wall Sunday evening (+ a glass of wine or two). 


two | Organize: All closets will be in my warpath. The following need to be handled:

-downstairs linen closet
-upstairs linen closet
-under the kitchen sink
-under the master bathroom sink 

three | Drapes: this is more of an item for my mom. Get on it, lady! Time's a wastin'. I already have the fabric, a pink silk I bought on sale for ... wait for it... $2.50/yard.  That with a white, grosgrain ribbon to complete the greek key pattern. This is the look that we are replicating:



If you are not following Jill Sorensen's work..what are you waiting for? She is a genius. Her use of color is amazeballs.You can find her work on her blog, http://blog.livelikeyou.com 

four | Make my headboard: This one is reaching alittle far, but I at least want to make some progress. Jennifer, over at I heart organizing, wrote, what seems to be, an easy tutorial. Although, she makes everything look easy! {link to tutorial: http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2012/06/boys-bedroom-upholstered-headboards.html}

Here are some pictures, from her blog, of the finished product:




Here is the fabric. I have three shower curtains, and pieces of an old bedspread that I have been saving for a special project. What better than an upholstered headboard?!


so wish me luck! I'll be back with pictures of the projects as they come together. {god willing!}

Happy Weekend, Ya'll! 






No comments:

Post a Comment