Tuesday, May 8, 2012

new things, old things, blue things

ok, ok, ok, i know I'm always singing these songs of getting back to blogging. one day, my friends. one day.

in the mean time, i need to have a good ol' brain dump. i appreciate that Erin over at Blue Eyed Bride does this often, and i truly believe its good for the soul.

new things


i finally tried the clarisonic mia. not sold. yet. I've read too many good reviews, and i follow the cliche, if everyone is jumping off the cliff, so am i. i feel like I'm breaking out a bit more than i was before, but my mom swears my skin looks softer. I'm going to wait a few more months to make a solid judgment and either a) be glad i spent that much money or b) be real, real pissed that i spent that much money.

i bit the bullet and purchased {with the help of Sak's 20% off + Ebates} my Tory Burch Reva's. ladies, if you're debating...stop. buy them, and never look back. they are fab, fab, fab-ulous. i wore them around on carpet for an hour trying to convince myself they weren't comfortable, and therefor, not worth the money. couldn't. they are perfect. and i have wide, chubby girl feet, and i love them. i did order a half size up.

both new & old things


Lauren at La Petite Fashionista is truly one of my soul sisters. she continues to amaze and inspire me. i am truly, so beyond blessed to have her in my life, for one reason which is still super top secret :) As if having a successful career, blog, and personal life isnt enough, Lauren is launching a digital magazine. i know it will be fabulous, and at the very least it will have very fabulous coozies for my mic ultras.

old things


i reverted back to my college days for Cinco De Mayo, and it was great. i know i should feel remorseful for sitting at the bar with one of my besties downing free shots from the super cute bartender, but i do not. no guilt here, ladies.

tonsils. not only do i have a over sized personality, mid-section, and top area, i have over sized tonsils. i think i get tonsillitis at least twice a year. my doctor always forgets, and when i open my mouth for an examination, she exclaims, "WOAH! how do you manage?!"....just what you want to hear from your doctor. I'm currently hating life because it hurts to swallow, cough, and y'know..breathe.

blue things


I'm obsessed. in the past three weeks i have purchased blue pants, blue dresses, blue scarves. blue, blue, blue i love you. y'all, Gap is ON right now. they are heading in the right direction, and I pray they do not ever look back. i encourage you to walk, no run, to your nearest store and scoop up all the yummy designs. you wont regret it {your wallet will, but who cares what it thinks?!}

i may have these in a few alot of colors. neon pink, green, white, and blue...to be honest.



This scarf is actually much more vibrant in person; it has hints of neon pink, yellow, and orange

 

yes, the above dress isnt blue, but i had to buy it in both colors. its way too perfect of a dress. but consider yourself warned: the pink dress is not bubblegum as pictured, it is neon pink. HIGHLIGHTER pink and i love it. I paired it with the above scarf to tone it down, or at least to try to tone down a highlighter pink dress.

 

whew, im exhausted.
xo
raa 

1 comment:

  1. aww rach, i just saw this! you are so sweet and this truly made my day. i'm lucky to have you for a friend :)

    ReplyDelete