Tuesday, April 17, 2012

List: Home Edition

with a few extra dollars in my bank account {Thank you taxman!}, i have decided to get some serious work done on my house. IE: decorating areas in which I've blatantly skipped over. this is probably going to be real boring for everyone but me, my mom, and my aunt Kathy. :) 

list of things that need to be added/subtracted/re-done:

1. move downstairs rug to upstairs
2. replace downstairs rug with this cheap beauty that several bloggers have posted about, i found out about Rugs USA from Danielle Oakey {love her work!}:

3. hang amazing Amanda Catherine Designs prints that I've now had for 2 months. (either on empty wall in dining room or on blank wall in bedroom)
4. make decision about coffee table IE: paint existing vs buy new one; found this one at my crack house Target

5. buy new Coton Colors wreath for front door (with NO attachment). see if they can write "Welcome" in teal or lime paint.



7. make decision about existing and unfinished side table for upstairs bedroom. its been in my outside shed for....6 months. half painted because i...OK, i have no excuse. home girl needs a night stand again.
8. buy new TV stand for downstairs. i like this one at Target. {grown girls can buy furniture at Target, right?}


9. buy green Adirondack chairs for outside porch. <--i say this EVERY summer. it is happening.
10. deal with dining room table chairs; i really liked Emily A. Clark's Design post on adding pink into the dining room. seen here. thinking of painting the table and chairs pink. then incorporating existing hanging fabric into a runner, then adding white candles/vases.
11. BUY LAMPS. I've never seen someone have such an issue with lamps. i have ONE lamp shade, that i literally owned for years before using it to, y'know, provide light. i also have this awful lamp that i store in my 2nd/shit room. my plan is to spray paint it white, add ribbon to the top and bottom of the shade and/or add a monogram in the center


OK, my wallet and i are exhausted from this post.
xo
raa

No comments:

Post a Comment