Wednesday, August 24, 2011

wednesday wednesday wednesday!

i'm never as productive over the weekends as i plan to be. isnt that what everyone says? i had grand plans to get a lot of painting done. there are several projects that im really itching to cross of my list. thanks to pinterest, that list keeps getting longer and longer. here are some pictures taken from my boards on pinterest. they are source of inspiration projects i was supposed to get done if there werent marathons of various tv shows: real housewives, big rich dallas, guiliana & bill...you get the picture. (wonder why im single? re read that last sentence .)



i have two peices of furniture in my living room that have been given to me by family members, and i love them, but i hate dark wood. for my mom's old dresser turned tv stand, i'm imagining pink (as the color in the 2nd picture). then, i have a entry way table given to me by my aunt that i have a pink mirror above, so i'm picturing teal, either the first picture's teal or the 3rd picture's teal. decisions, decisions.

look at this fan? HOW EASY? c'mon...anyone can spray paint a fan! for a bedside table? my office? hell, i can make two of them! would this be a weird gift? "hey, hope this helps with those hot flashes!" i dont know.  

this was my main goal: to refurbish old frames. i see them on etsy for outrageous prices. i bought one at a thrift store for $11! plus same spray paint from my fan project (unless i get crazy and run out of spray paint because i gifted all 4 of my friends them for christmas..in august) still! cheap, cute, and easy! my three favorite adjectives for projects.

i'm going out of town fri-sat for work. (doesnt that sound GROWN); it makes me feel grown for sure. with all that grown-ness going on, i dont know how much ill get to, so im not making any promises via blogger. i dont want to be an indian giver of sorts.

reason #94776290 i didnt get as much done as i planned? i joined a gym! an overpriced, all women, gym! ive made it to the gym every day that ive been a member (3 days). i have to admit, it feels really good. i love the elliptical, like really, really love it. except when im on the higher incline, and a good rap song comes on my ipod, and i dont have enough breathe to (silently) rap the lyrics along to my ipod. hard life i lead.

once, i was around 9 when i asked my dad to buy me tennis lessons (i had just finished a week of tennis camp), and my dad said "sure, why not." and i quickly followed the agreement with, "so when should we go to the store to get all the outfits and matching shoes?" he backed out of the tennis lessons and bought me a bike instead. or maybe a kids meal at mcdonalds. i cant remember. needless to say, physical activity and i are not meant to be. its a real push for me to go to the gym and keep up with it. its the sweat mainly. that and various areas of my body just bouncing around at free-will.

that was a lead in to my next post about the sweet workout clothes my mom bought me to intice me into forking over $40.00/month for a gym membership and y'know, using it. i like to circle around my point before actually coming in for a landing. kinda like a vulture. cute, right?

xo raa

3 comments:

  1. a women's gym?! man that sounds lovely. anything's better than Gold's. ANYTHING.

    I will lend a painting furniture hand if need be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post especially, i've been spraying everything pink, krylon makes a color called watermelon that's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE all of your DIY projects. can you take pictures of your home decor so i can feature you on LPF puh-lease?

    i was just thinking-- work trip makes us sound so GROWN UP. so crazy.

    love you!!

    ReplyDelete