Friday, August 19, 2011

buy me friday

i'm telling myself that the title kind of rhymes. by rhymes, i mean if you close your eyes, slant your head, and pretend it rhymes, it will, in fact, rhyme.

moving on.

i love stuff. like, i really love stuff. one day, i was about five, and my dad had gotten so annoyed with the amount of stuff we had in the house. he confronted my mom; she responded with "big girls (mom)  AND little girls (me)  like stuff. get over it!" that was that, and he went on his merry way, probably out to the garage where he has 10 of the same hammer. lets be honest, i like stuff because my parents likes stuff. its hereditary. we cant help ourselves. why have 1 when you can have 5? (especially if they're on sale, c'mon!)

so, i'm thinking every friday, i will post a list of things that are on my mind, that if money were no object, id buy in a heartbeat. it will also serve as motivation to do certain things: bring my lunch to work ($8/day x 5 days...that's a new necklace!) one less happy hour/week equals $30 saved x 2 months, thats a new watch; i have my eye on a certain xl rose gold michael kors...

i think ill focus on jewelry today. i might as well make these posts organized, right?
i love this bracelet. oh, i just can't even say how much i love it. jcrew has had this bracelet for ages. dear sale gods, please reduce it from $88!  actually, $88 is not a terrible price, but still.


I remember the first time i saw this necklace. its by a great new york designer oliphant; i saw their ad in an online publication; i think high gloss mag (may it RIP)? regardless, oh its just so fabulous!


this necklace. how classic? i have lusted after it for years. YEARS. my mother had a much smaller version from the 70s, but it was silver and does not compare to the 14k gold, much larger version. i've promised myself that for every 15lbs i lose, i will buy myself something. this will be among those things. (HEY! thats an idea for next friday's post. the weight lose buy me list)

the cartier love bracelet. enough said. (dream on, racham.) but on a more possible note, that skull bracelet is divine! (skulls, divine? weird.) i just love this picture. so simple and beautiful.

so thats enough for today.

i'm planning to do some serious home adventures this weekend. there are two peices of furniture ive been putting off painting and a lamp ive been dreading purchasing. those. must. be. done.

oh! and for anyone in tallahassee this wknd, the womens club of tallahassee is putting on a garage sale; i'm on the hunt for old, antique frames that i can refurbish with spray paint and chalkboard/corkboard/fabric, ect.

pictures & tales of my refurbish adventures to come.

xo raa

1 comment:

  1. how much are those monogram necklaces? i'm thinking xmas, hello mama santa

    ReplyDelete