Wednesday, March 20, 2013

ZDT among other things

i have spent the last 24 hours watching Zero Dark Thirty on repeat. ya'll...this movie is incredible. Jessica Chastain deserves every bit of acclaim she received for this movie. 


not to mention, there are some fine ass men in this film. yummy yum yum. 




so, i've also been trying to eat more like a human and less like a bear entering hibernation. with taking time off from work, i've been able to try out some new recipes! confession: cooking freaks me out. if there are more than 5 ingredients, i lose my shit.  i really envy people who love to cook. i look at people like Natalie from Designer Bags & Dirty Diapers, Joceyln from Saucy Jocey's Kitchen, and my Dad with googly eyes. They love to cook (oh, and they're good at it!). I love to pretend to cook. 

so here are some i've tried so far:

Crock Pot Fried Rice:




i've decided that other than using it to marinate chicken, im retiring my crock pot. i never end up liking the recipes. this is another example of a failed recipe. i tossed the whole thing. (i should mention i didn't follow the directions exactly. i have enough rules in my life. im not following a recipe too!) 

Roasted Garlic Pasta Salad:



i actually didn't mind this one. i don't think ill end up making it again, but i ate it as a side dish for 3 days. i didn't actually use any of the garlic, because well, i forgot to buy it. i had to add a good bit of salt, pepper, and cheese to really enjoy it, so that will be my main reason for not re-making it. 

side note: beth at budget bytes does some really cool dishes! they are also super affordable, so i recommend ya'll checking her blog out. i feel like it would be great for a family. 

Coffee Frappuccino Protein Shake



I couldn't find the original source of this, so i just copied and pasted what the pin said: 1 packet of Starbucks Via instant coffee, 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder , 8oz vanilla almond milk, 
8-9 ice cubes. Blend.

i really enjoyed this! i'm drinking it as we speak actually! 

these, along with my future recipes, are on my pinterest boards. 

ok. i'm off to Target. my parents are buying me adirondack chairs for easter! i cant wait to have a pretty patio area! 

*i also do not know why the above is in black and the rest is in pink. just rollin' with the punches, ya'll.  

1 comment:

  1. yayyy for cookin- i love my crockpot, but i mostly use it for shredded chicken/ bbq/ italian beef sandwiches.

    I am anxious to see zero dark thirty.

    i wanna see your place!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete