Thursday, October 13, 2011

a whole bunch of understatements

to say that i'm inspired would be an understatment. i feel as if, something in my head and heart (this is when you think, "get over yourself, rachelamy") have finally clicked.

i have alot of things going on, both personally and professionally, to be proud of. with that being said, i  also have a lot things going on, both personally and professionally, not be proud of. i promised ya'll honesty, and that is one area in which, i will never back out of a promise.


i think I'm going to start an etsy shop. with the combined efforts of my ma & pa, we will have refinished furniture, frames, wreaths, and scrapbook pages. ill post all of our items here first for opinions, of course!


im blessed with a very crafty family; to say i grew up at antique shows would be a GROSS understatement. as if that wasn't enough, i grew up with my mom and dad stopping on the side of the road to pick up someone else's discarded "treasure". meanwhile, i would duck in the back seat (of our Mercedes, no less) hoping none of my friends saw our version of a Sunday outing. my mom would say one of her famous last words, "you have to see BEYOND, rachel." now, 22 years later, i finally got it.


btw, this is not the only lesson of hers that's taken me 22 years to learn, but that is a whooooleee other story for another day.


i don't want you to think i grew up in one big "curb alert" (don't you wish they still said that on craigslist?), my childhood home is filled with price-less antiques and artwork; actually to me, they have a price tag, and its high. much higher than say, my ikea/target/turner's wknd sale furniture. BUT! we have finally realized we really enjoy refinishing furniture, and to be honest, as you've seen in previous posts, we like stuff. if we can BUY stuff, re-do STUFF, then SELL stuff, to y'know, buy MORE stuff. its a win-win situation.


some people play sports as a family, we buy & craft & build (my dad doesn't really "craft" per say, but he can sure as hell, build).


pictures coming soon.


xo raa

No comments:

Post a Comment